I had always hoped to work close to home. The opportunity arose to take over a studio in Montavilla and I jumped on it. I'm so happy to announce October 15th I'll be hosting an Open House to meet my new and old neighbors. Drinks and snacks will be provided. Book your first facial or sugaring treatment for 50% off between October 15th and 31st. 10% off all products and special gift with any Gift Card purchase. Visit my facebook event page and let me know you're coming! Looking forward to serving you Southeast Sugar mama and daddies.
I have my fair share of clients that tell me they either don't wash their face at all or mention they use bar soap to cleanse their skin. This post is just for you, and for those who are curious about finding the right cleanser for your skin type.
Cleansing the skin removes oil, dirt, makeup, dead skin cells and other debris. Doing so helps to unclog pores and prevent skin conditions like acne or keratinosis (the buildup dead skin cells, causing a rough or bumpy feel). There are many types of cleansers. Generally speaking, a gel cleanser may be used for more oily or acneic skin. Very dry skin may opt for a creamy or lotion type cleanser to help balance and rehydrate. For those with sensitive skin, an alcohol free, or cleanser free of exfoliating beads is a suitable option to prevent a negative reaction. Finding the correct cleanser for your skin type may take some experimenting, but once you've found it, it will be well worth your wait.
Here are a few tips for cleansing:
- Cleansing should be done in the morning and evening. If you tend to cleanse just once a day, wash the day off in the evening. Cleansing should be done in upright, circular motions from collar bone to forehead. Cleanse your skin as you would a baby, careful not to over exfoliate.
- Never use bar soap on your face! Bar soap is specifically formulated for skin on the hands and body. The PH of bar soap is 9 and your skins natural PH is 4.7. Bar soap can change the balance creating an overgrowth or over production of bacteria that causes acne.
- Squeaky clean may not be the best feeling after all. Skin that feels tight after cleansing may actually be stripped clean. Rather than just removing bacteria and irritants, it may remove everything good and bad, disrupting your acid mantle; a thin layer of protection crucial to healthy skin. This may lead to an overproduction from your oil glands, your skins reaction to stripping it. Using the wrong cleanser can turn in to a vicious cycle of super dry skin then excessive oily skin. Be sure your cleanser leaves you feeling clean and soft without feeling tight or uncomfortable.
- Wash your face in cool or lukewarm water. Hot water tends to disrupt the acid mantle as well as over dry your skin. If you tend to take hot showers, wait until you are out of the shower to wash your face.
- Cleansing is only the first step. For a healthy skin regimen try to stick with the same line of products, or organic products. After cleansing, follow with appropriate toner and facial lotion with sun protection. In the evening you may incorporate a night cream or serum rich in active ingredients to improve your skin while you rest.
I carry three lines: Servello, local, mostly organic and low price range. Poetic Skin, my private label. Certified organic and in the middle price range. Last I carry Eminence Organics the award winning and leading certified organic skincare line at the luxury price point. Good, Better, or Best, I have you covered. Now through October, come in for a 15minute product consultation or 30 minute skin analysis with product consultation. 15 minute product consult is free and done in shop to match you with the correct line of products for your skin type. 30 minutes is $25 and includes a light steam and facial cleansing with application of all the finishing products and take home samples. With a purchase of $25 or more this service is free.
Look forward to serving you soon!
Thanks for visiting the site. I am so excited to share this blog with you. Its only appropriate my first blog post will be an introduction. I am a 32 year old woman who is a west coast native. I spent most of my life between Oregon and California. I have always had an interest in self care, although I can honestly say I was never really good about it in the beginning. I just wasn't very sure how to do it. I spent my teen years mostly happy but underneath I was battling depression, anxiety and eating disorders. In my twenties I lived a fast life and my anxiety and stress lead to insomnia and my modeling career, which had advanced from my teens to my twenties was an exciting life but grueling on my skin and my confidence. I to this day struggle with my body image. When I turned 26 I suddenly became empowered! I shaved my head and quit my career modeling full time to pursue something that made me happy. For the first time in my life I was making a very adult decision to follow my heart and take my first step to positive change. When I turned 28 I moved back to Portland and began yoga teacher training. Yoga has been a catalyst to healing my mind, body and soul. We have these habits, these emotions, these experiences we hold on to that may cause a negative ripple effect on our lives. Practicing and teaching Yoga the past four years has been a strengthening experience for both my mind and body. In 2014 I enrolled in the Esthetics program at the Aveda Institute Portland. I wanted to continue further with becoming someone who helps others discover that caring and loving yourself is the key to happiness. In the past two years I studied Reiki and I prefer to use energetic touch whenever I interact with a student or guest. Life can be challenging. I am here to help. I'm not some day spa trying to perfect your look for one day. I want to help you bring out positive change in your life. I want you to see the beauty within. I want to help you tap in to the positive energy around you. My name is Krystal and I'd love to be a part of your journey.